Career Services coordinates an Education Interviewing Day each fall and spring semester. School board representatives from across the United States recruit, interview, and hire UL Lafayette education majors at this event. Education Interviewing Day is open to speech pathology and education majors who are student teaching and/or graduating that semester and to graduating seniors/alumni who are qualified to teach.
Fall 2021 Education Interviewing Day
Tuesday, October 26th
8:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Cajundome Convention Center
The keys to a successful job fair experience are preparation and follow up. Here is a checklist to help you get prepared!
- Research the list of participating employers through Handshake
- Get your resume reviewed by emailing email@example.com
- Prepare your 30 second introduction
- Make sure you have a business casual or professional outfit and the copies of your resume uploaded into your Handshake account
- Don't forget to make a list of the businesses you meet with at the virtual fair so you can follow up with thank-you notes.
Appointments can be scheduled through Handshake.
The University will adhere to the orders, proclamations, and regulations of the Governor of Louisiana and the Mayor-President of Lafayette, Louisiana, as well as guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (“CDC”) and the Louisiana Department of Health (“LDH”) regarding institutions of higher education and events and mass gatherings (collectively, the “Public Health Guidance”). This Campus Events Framework (the “Framework”) complies with all such Public Health Guidance and all Event Hosts and event attendees are expected to comply with the same. This Framework is subject to change based on updates made to Public Health Guidance. Additionally, the University reserves the right to adjust any event based on any emergency/disaster action taken by the Louisiana Governor or local authority and/or guidance from the CDC and/or LDH..