The purpose of the dossier is to assist UL Lafayette Ph.D. students who are applying for teaching positions in higher education by allowing them to maintain their letters of recommendation in one central location. Upon written request and payment of appropriate fees, Career Services will mail copies to prospective employers. All contents of the file are considered "open" with the applicant having the right to inspect and review all documents in their file including all letters of recommendation.
** Dossier file should be opened in person.
- $5.00 to open a dossier file
- $3.00 for each dossier mailed
Contents of Dossier File:
- Letters of Recommendation (3 to 5 are recommended). Should be mailed directly to the Center by the person writing the recommendation.
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae (CV) is optional but limited to 4 pages
- Official transcript (also optional)—Official transcript from the registrar's office may still be requested by the hiring institutions.
- Writing samples, copies of publications, or other supporting documents CANNOT BE INCLUDED in the dossier. It is the applicant's responsibility to mail these to prospective employers.
Request to have Dossier mailed:
Applicants should complete the "Request for a Dossier to be Sent" form available online or at Career Services and return to:
UL Lafayette Career Services
P.O. Box 41730
Lafayette, LA 70504-1730
Fax: (337) 482-1450
(Note: to email, save online form as a Word document, complete and then email.)
- A minimum of 2 business days’ notice is required.
All requests must be legibly printed or typed.