After building your resume and practicing your interviewing skills, the search for the right internship, part-time job or career is your next step. Build your network and apply to jobs that are a great fit.
- Online Job Boards. Sign up for Handshake – UL Lafayette's comprehensive online job posting site. You may also consider using LinkedIn or industry specific websites to complete your search.
- Attend Career Fairs. Attend the UL Lafayette career fairs to explore internship or full-time employment opportunities and connect with employers in your field of study.
- On-Campus Interviews. Each semester, review the list of employers who will be conducting on-campus interviews listed in our events. Register for the on campus interviewing program in our office. Check to see if you meet the qualifications and submit your resume by the deadline.
- Networking. Take advantage of information sessions and additional networking opportunities provided by professional associations and community organizations. Continue building your list of networking contacts.
- Follow Up. Be sure to follow up with applications within a week after submittal to politely remind the interviewer of your continued interest in the position. Also, don’t forget to keep your networking contacts updated on your job search status.