Our students are among the best in the nation and exemplify a diverse array of academic and service achievements. Recent national rankings include the following:
- UL Lafayette has been named one of the best universities by Princeton Review, Forbes, and U.S. News and World Report.
- Annual research expenditures totaled more than $70 million. - University of Louisiana at Lafayette Office of Research
- Named to the President of the United State's Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll. - Corporation for National Community Service
- Ranked among the Top 10 U.S. Universities for Social Mobility. - Washington Monthly National University Rankings
About the University
Established in 1900 and home of the Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns, UL Lafayette is the second largest university in the state and is part of the University of Louisiana System, one of the nation's twenty largest public systems of higher education. UL Lafayette has attained the Doctoral/Research-Intensive University status and now has an enrollment of 19,033 students. It is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools and is a selective admissions school. UL Lafayette offers approximately 80 undergraduate, 29 masters, and eight doctorate degree programs in the following colleges and schools, many of which have achieved national prominence.
- College of the Arts
- B.I. Moody III College of Business Administration
- College of Education
- College of Engineering
- College of General Studies
- College of Liberal Arts
- College of Nursing & Health Sciences
- College of Sciences
- Graduate School
- 100 percent of all undergraduate programs at the university that are eligible for accreditation by professional agencies are accredited.
- The College of Nursing and Health Sciences is the third largest traditional nursing program in the United States.
- The B.I.Moody College of Business Administration's Master of Business Administration program is included in the 2015 edition of Princeton Review's Best 296 Business Schools.
- The University of Louisiana at Lafayette has the only degree-granting Industrial Design program in Louisiana. The four year professional program is part of the School of Architecture and Design.
For more information please visit UL Lafayette Communications and Marketing.