Our office is committed to providing services and creating and maintaining relationships that are in the best interest of UL students. Please adhere to the guidelines below to assist in making on-campus recruiting a professional and ethical experience.
Employer services include, but are not limited to: career fairs; on-campus recruiting; employer information tables; employer information sessions; and online job posting service.
NACE and Equal Employment Opportunity
In order to provide fair and equitable services to our students and employers, UL Lafayette Career Services office and its clients adhere to the following policies:
Employers must subscribe to the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) Principles for Professional Practice and to the Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) recruitment and employment guidelines and laws established by the Federal and Louisiana governments.
Right to Refuse Service
We reserve the right to refuse service to employers for factors such as the following:
- Misrepresentation by dishonest information or absence of information.
- Complaints by students.
- Harassment of UL Lafayette students, alumni, or staff.
- Breach of confidentiality.
- Requiring, at the time of application, personal information such as bank and social security numbers.
- Positions not likely of interest to college students or alumni.
- Requiring students to pay personal funding to obtain the position.
- Failure to adhere to Career Services’ policies and/or any violation of UL Lafayette rules and regulations, and local, state, or federal laws.
Third Party Agencies
Career Services will provide assistance to third party agencies only when a third party recruiter meets the following conditions:
- Meets the NACE and EEO policies and laws described above.
- Charges no fees to the candidate.
- Reveals to Career Services the identity of the employer being represented and the nature of the relationship between the agency and the employer, and permits the career center to verify this information by contacting the named client.
If requested, provides a position description to Career Services for valid openings.
On-Campus Interviews and Career Fairs
Third party recruiters are allowed to interview on campus or participate in career fairs when the above conditions are met. Career Services may require the name of the employer being represented to be identified on all announcements.
By policy, Career Services typically releases resumes to direct hire employers only. However, resume referrals may be processed for search firms if the name and location of the hiring company is disclosed and there is permission for Career Services to verify this information by contacting the named client. In order to process a resume referral, we need a job description including the name of the hiring company.
Third party recruiters may provide job announcements to UL Lafayette Career Services for posting. Posting is not to be construed as sanction, approval, or recommendation of recruiters.
Would you like a Career Services staff member to contact you?